Saturday, August 11, 2007

Everett's new bed & new brother update

As I type this, Everett is sleeping soundly in his new "big boy" bed. He looked so proud of himself as Daddy read him a bedtime story that I had to snap a picture ... even though I knew doing so might completely ruin the "it's time for bed" mood (luckily it didn't). I purchased this used toddler bed for him over a month ago, but so far he's only taken one nap in it since we hadn't really gotten around to setting up his "new" room. (We will put his little brother in his old room.) Everett's new bedroom furniture arrived today so now that the room isn't so empty, we figured it was time to let him sleep in there. We really should have done this much sooner to give him plenty of time to adjust before his little brother gets here ... but well, that just didn't happen! David stayed in the room with him for a few minutes as he fell asleep and so far I haven't heard a peep out of him. Hopefully he'll sleep through the whole night.

Everett's little brother ---- the doc says he could arrive at any time now! I had my 36 week checkup on Thursday and was told that I'm already 1cm dilated and 90% effaced - Yikes! Looks like he might be an early bird just like Everett (who was 3 weeks early). I really hope he'll wait a few more days before making his appearance as there's still so much to do. I spent much of today sorting through and washing baby clothes and started packing my bag for the hospital. I haven't gone into complete and frantic nesting mode yet (which I did about 2 days before E's birth) so I hope that means I've still got a couple days to get ready for the little guy. I had always thought it would be neat for him to have an August 11th birthday since Everett & Leslie's birthday are Sept and October 11th ... but since there's less than an hour left to August 11th ... I think I can now rule that out.

We have a new name chosen for E's little brother. Unless we change our minds again (which would not at all be surprising) ... our second son will be named Pryce. Pryce is a Welsh name whose meanings include "son of the loving man" and "prize". Since he will be both, I think the name is quite fitting. We are still debating on if we should spell this "Pryce" or "Price" ... any thoughts out there?

Better get back to the laundry ... between E's baby clothes and Karly & Brayden's hand-me-downs .... there's A LOT of baby clothes to sort and wash! I'm sure when I'm sleep deprived and delirious, I'll be happy to not have to do laundry as often ... but until then, it's quite a project getting it all sorted and put away!

No comments: