We had heard about the abundance of rain which had fallen on Texas while we were gone, but we were not prepared to see so much of the Rankin's property under water!
Here's a picture of the spot where David and I were married.
And here's a picture of how it looked on our wedding day - July 4th, 2004

You'll notice there is actually a goldfish pond on the far side of the bridge that was completely under water after all the rain.
Getting out to the boat dock required wading through quite a bit of water!
David stocked up on fireworks while we were in Missouri so the family put on a pretty nice fireworks show that evening. Hard to believe that this time last year there was a ban on fireworks because it was so dry!
Here's a few more pictures from the weekend at the lake. I'll try to post the rest that I took on our shutterfly site soon. Hayley looked so cute in her holiday dress!


No comments:
Post a Comment