Monday, June 18, 2007

New backpack

Everett took his new book bag to school today. Doesn't he look proud of himself holding it? Big Sis Les gave it to him and it's the perfect size for him to carry. We had fewer tears this morning when I dropped him off. I don't think I've mentioned it on the blog, but the adjusting to a new school has not gone quite as smoothly as I'd hoped. He was SO excited to be there the first day. Maybe he didn't realize I was going to leave him there, but beginning with day #2, he wasn't quite so thrilled to go into the building. I'm not sure who has cried more tears ... Everett or me! (Although I'm blaming pregnancy hormones for some of my meltdowns). He's entering the "terrible twos" so we have had more tantrums and I think he gets frustrated because he understands a lot but isn't using many words yet so can't communicate what he wants. He's always happy when I pick him up and the teacher marks his mood as "happy" on his little feedback sheet, so maybe we're just having some separation anxiety in the mornings. Hopefully that fades very soon ... It's not easy being 7 months pregnant and carrying a 30 lb kid screaming and kicking into a building!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Gabriel is starting the tantrum thing too...he understands a lot of things, but just can't communicate everything yet, or he wants to do more than he's capable of doing right now. He just gets frustrated. I'm sure Everett will get more adjusted to school as he continues to go. By the way, the backpack is very cute!!!