Thursday, June 22, 2006

Rhyme Time


In an effort to expand Everett's social life, we decided to go to "Rhyme Time" at the library today. Elisa and Seth have been taking Adam for a while now and they said he enjoys it so I figured we'd give it a try. When we arrived, we were directed to a side room full of adorable children and their Moms & Dads. Apparently, this is the place to be on Thursday mornings! The kids were all happy and Everett took a few minutes to take it all in ... then he decided to be social. He crawled over to a 6 month old baby girl. "How cute" ... I thought .............. then he spit up all over her arm - Yuk! How embarrassing! E has still not outgrown his reflux. Switching him to soy formula recently seems to be helping, but you wouldn't have guessed it today. He probably spit up 5 times on the library carpet. (I'm sure you other parents are thrilled to know this ... since we always wonder "how clean is this floor that my child is crawling on?!?!")

The half hour consisted of singing songs, reading a couple books, playing peek-a-boo and blowing bubbles. E liked the songs, but once he got comfortable in his new surroundings, he was more interested in crawling around. The first book the librarian read was "I love you through and through". I hadn't seen it before and liked it so much I had to order it online tonight. I also ordered the Classical Baby DVD. E absolutely loves watching this show on HBO Family. We have a few of them taped at home, but wanted a DVD so we could take it with us to our family reunion next month. FYI- if you're ever looking for a baby gift idea, I highly recommend Classical Baby! And it's very tolerable background noise (Beats Barney any day!). Oops ... I totally digressed ... we had a very nice time at Rhyme Time today and we'll definitely be going back.

I recently discovered www.onetruemedia.com (Thanks Elizabeth - I first saw it on your blog). It's an online software that makes it easier to share your home videos via email and online. Here's my first attempt at sharing some video of our little guy with you on this blog. Listen carefully and you can hear a lot of giggling!

Create your own video at One True Media

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Very cute!!!