Saturday, April 04, 2009

Super Everett!

I had Everett's parent-teacher conference last Friday. I was surprised when Ms. Sandra informed me that he has become the "Class Hero". Apparently one of the boys was picking on one of the girls in his class a few weeks ago and Everett intervened. Since then, if anyone is getting picked on ... his classmates go get Everett! I asked if this was a problem ... was he being a bully or a tattle tale? To which she responded no, he just doesn't like seeing someone not being treated nicely. According to David's parents, this might be a gene he inherited from his Dad. Apparently, as a child, David was also known to "police" his peers.

Ms. Sandra said Everett is doing fine at school. He is good about sharing with his friends and using his manners. We still have room for improvement on many skills, but nothing that concerned either of us. When I asked what his favorite thing is to do in the classroom, she quickly responded with - Legos! We are still convinced that we have a budding engineer in our home.Posted by Picasa

No comments: