2008 is already off to a fast and furious start! We welcomed the new year by welcoming friends, family & neighbors into our home for our Annual New Year's Day Open House.
As always, David's feast of bbq, smoked salmon, cornbread, slaw, tater salad and black-eyed peas and greens (southern tradition for good luck & prosperity in the year ahead) all turned out perfecto and were almost completely devoured by the time our last guest said good-bye! This, of course, made chef David quite happy - as did the endless compliments which followed.
While we always look forward to the holidays, I have to admit I was ready for them to be over by the time the new year started. The month of December was incredibly hectic and all the festivities and chores that accompany them had us beat.
We were THRILLED (to say the least) to be granted a 24 hour reprieve from parenting and household chores to get away for a little R&R this weekend. We met Ben & Tracy in Ft. Worth to see Craig Ferguson perform at Bass Hall. I'm a big fan of his show, even though I rarely stay up late enough to see it now that I have the little ones. (Before E was born, and while David was traveling Mon - Thurs, I crawled in bed and watched his show just before turning in each night. This may be why David now refers to him as "my boyfriend" ... ok, I'll admit ... I do have a small crush. :)
In addition to a very entertaining show (my stomach is sore today from laughing!), we also had a terrific meal and a very peaceful night's sleep at the Hilton (thanks Tracy!)
(interesting side note - this is the very hotel where JFK stayed the night before he was assassinated).
A HUGE thanks to my Mom & Dad for watching the kiddos and sacrificing their good nights' sleep so we could recharge our batteries. We had a wonderful time!
---- Pictured above is Everett in his new Jon Deere tool belt he got for Christmas and Pryce, just being his usual happy self.
While we always look forward to the holidays, I have to admit I was ready for them to be over by the time the new year started. The month of December was incredibly hectic and all the festivities and chores that accompany them had us beat.
We were THRILLED (to say the least) to be granted a 24 hour reprieve from parenting and household chores to get away for a little R&R this weekend. We met Ben & Tracy in Ft. Worth to see Craig Ferguson perform at Bass Hall. I'm a big fan of his show, even though I rarely stay up late enough to see it now that I have the little ones. (Before E was born, and while David was traveling Mon - Thurs, I crawled in bed and watched his show just before turning in each night. This may be why David now refers to him as "my boyfriend" ... ok, I'll admit ... I do have a small crush. :)
In addition to a very entertaining show (my stomach is sore today from laughing!), we also had a terrific meal and a very peaceful night's sleep at the Hilton (thanks Tracy!)
(interesting side note - this is the very hotel where JFK stayed the night before he was assassinated).
A HUGE thanks to my Mom & Dad for watching the kiddos and sacrificing their good nights' sleep so we could recharge our batteries. We had a wonderful time!


No comments:
Post a Comment