He showed the doctor what a great walker he is and how coordinated he is now. The doctor saw he has four teeth on top and two on the bottom. I was told since he's on whole milk now instead of formula, we should be giving E vitamins ... I'll have to go buy some today. He can have eggs and honey now, but I was cautioned to still avoid nuts ... oops - I already gave him peanut butter! The doc said that's fine, it's just best to wait until he's 2 to reduce the chances of him developing an allergy.
They tried to do a vision test, but E didn't want to sit still that long ... they'll try again next time. He got three shots (chicken pox, hepatitis A and measels, mumps& rubella). These shots weren't too bad ... just right under the skin. He only cried a few seconds. I hear the next series of shots will be much worse. I hope David can make it with me to that appointment! The doc also said we'll talk about discipline at E's next appointment (scheduled for Jan 2nd). He said at this point all that we can do is say "no" and remove E when he's getting into something he's not supposed to. I think at 15 months, we can actually start using "time outs".
Before E's appointment I got a picture of him playing on the little "Ride on" that Uncle Mark & Aunt Helen bought him. For some reason, he prefers to sit on it backwards. He loves all the sound effect it makes.

No comments:
Post a Comment